Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Convertible is Finished (well almost...)

So the Convertible for Coryn is finished being knitted. It does need to be blocked, and I need to buy buttons and sew them on it. But other than those other minor little details, it is finis.
Ok, I listen to a lot of knitting podcasts, and I read a lot of knitting magazines. I've heard and read a lot of people discuss their preferences of charts vs. written instructions. I always thought to myself, "Eh, I can do it either way," because I have done it both ways. I've followed written instructions, and I've followed charts. This evening; however, I discovered that I do have a preference. I'm working on the Opulent Raglan from the Fall 2008 issue of KnitScene. The instructions are written out, but they are not written out line by line. Most of the time, that is not a problem. You know, Knit in st stitch until the body is x inches, etc. But this pattern also includes a cable in there, that is not written out. It isn't a difficult cable, it only crosses on the 13th and 19th round, but I found that I was very confused by this pattern. I trucked my little (ok, BIG) bootie over to the computer and created a cable chart for that pattern. Not so self-righteous now, are we, hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment