Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Emerald Green - Nov. 11, 09 update

Well, I knitted the 10 inner rows, then the turning row, then I knitted the 10 outer rows. Then came the hardest part - undoing the provisional cast on one loop at a time to slip each one of those 224 stitches onto a spare needle. That took almost as much time as it took me to knit 2 or 3 rows. T E D I O U S ! ! ! Anyway, got that done, then knit the front stitches together with the back stitches to make the hem. Now it looks like a long tube. I've added 2 more rows on top of the tube, and am stopping for the night to go to bed. Here are progress pictures thus far:

These pictures show the entire hem laid out. In a couple of them, I have lifted the end up, so that the "tube" is visible. And in another, I am trying to point out the purl turning row.

No comments:

Post a Comment